Thursday, January 21, 2010

Christiansen's Comments Hinds County Gazette


The picture was taken by Nancy McKey Hale or Angie Montgomery Zadrozny.. in the up loading I got them all mixed up.
HGC January 14 2010


Lots has happen since we last talked. But I can’t chat long today, I have jury duty this morning…and the notice warns, failure to report, constitutes a contempt of court and that carries very serious consequences…fines and or jail. That what it says… so I will be setting the alarm to go off when I need to stop this and head to Raymond. So if I stop in mid sentence it is because I had to scram out of here.



Since being here last… the most note worthy event, took place one very rainy Saturday morning in mid December, over on Jackson Street, at the home of Jo Gayle and Audrey Reeves, It was a Very exciting event! It was news enough that the Vicksburg Post came to Edwards to cover the story. Santa Claus is a personal friend of the Reeves. You All!!!! Santa came to Jo Gayle‘s!



Jo Gayle called to tell me about that Santa would be coming to her house and she was inviting lots of children……and he would be reading the Christmas story to the children.



I guess Jo Gayle, detected a bit of a whine in my voice…Because, she quickly told me I could come…“I can’t come.“ I said “I don’t have any kids or grand kids to bring.“



Jo Gayle answered, “you can bring that little blonde boy, you think is so cute.“

“Taylor Jack!* Of Course! I will call Angie right now.” I did and Angie was thrilled, and I was greatly relieved to have a little person to take….



I got busy and made some gingerbread boys to take and share. Then packed up some homemade caramels for Taylor to give to Santa. The cookies and caramels were not a bribe… as was suggested …I merely wanting to show Santa Claus… Even though Taylor and I, during the year …that was about to pass, may have had a some difficult moments, that we hope Santa was not aware of…. We had tried very hard to be good the entire year of 2009.



And frankly, it is remarkable just how good we were…all things considered….it is not always easy being Taylor or me.….sitting still is a challenge for both of us….but Taylor, bless his little heart, gets in more trouble for being wiggly then I do…Taylor and his mom and dad sit two pews ahead of me. Taylor may squirm a bit in church…but he is very quiet…



When Jo Gayle said Santa would be reading the Christmas story, I just assumed it would be “T’was the night before Christmas” But when Santa gathered the little children around him, he took out the Bible and read to them the real Christmas story, about the birth of Jesus. I choked up and got tears in my eyes…I don’t know why really.. It was just one of those moments.

Love to all and call if you need me

* Taylor Jack (aka Buck) is the son of CJ and Angie Zadrozny and the Grandson of Lewis and Kay Montgomery.

No comments:

Post a Comment