Friday, April 11, 2008

Judge Bobby DeLaughter

Hinds County Gazette April 10 2008
I am Mad!
You all, I have given this issue concerning the suspension of Judge DeLaughter “The Big Think”, consisting of several hours on lawn mower thinking on it… pondering over it while weed eating, Mulling it over while the electricity was out, studying the subject on the internet….And still, this morning, I am unable to sort out just who I should to be mad at.
Maybe I should be angry at the media? Those Media folks are frustrating for sure….the reports I read seemed to be less then in depth. In fact, quite fuzzy…but extremely tantalizing, suggestions to bribery, Judgeships, former Senator Trent Lott, and big money…. but in nothing I read, was it ever suggested, that Judge Delaughter took any of the millions of dollars that was being shuffled around Mississippi …..Nor did he get a Judgeship…..So I am having trouble putting all of that together….But the media is doing what they always do…over do and under do…..and have the first amendment right to do.,
So I moved on, and decided to direct my wrath at those who recommended that Judge Delaughter be suspended, the Mississippi Commission for Judicial Performance, …I was convinced they were some sort of self appointed, self promoting group of people…who just wanted to agitate and make headlines . But they are not…I googled them and they have duties and responsibilities, a Mississippi constitutional mandate to do look in to matters involving Mississippi Judges. You can’t be mad at people for doing their job.
Then I read, in the Gazette, Judge Delaughter’s open letter, to the Executive Director, Mississippi Judicial Performance Commission. He is not going to fight the suspension I quote from the letter, he is speaking about his years in the Judicial system “I have become well aware of the invaluable place and service of the Judicial Performance Commission in reassuring the citizens that the judiciary of their state is dedicated to the principal that our is a government of laws and not of men.” He goes on to say “I believe with all of heart in the system”
Judge DeLaughter is not angry or bitter He is believes in the system and is willing to wait for that system to work. The Judge is not mad….So now, I am hard at it, trying not to be angry…
But I pray that a decision will soon be forthcoming. Because it is not just our Hinds County circuit Judge Bobby DeLaughter who is hanging fire, we the citizens of Hinds County Mississippi are as well, we voted him in to his position…. And we have a every right to expect this matter be resolved in a timely manner and Judge Delaughter back on the bench serving this county as soon as possible.
Love to all and
Call if you need me

No comments:

Post a Comment