Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just Rambling!


HCG May 9, 2008
I won’t keep you long today. My six day trip to see the North Carolina grands has put me at least two weeks behind with my yard work. Doesn’t seem mathematically possible does it, to be more days behind, then number of days I was gone? The truth be told, I was probably at least 10 days behind when I left….Well to be perfectly honest….I have never been caught up on the outside…..there is just so much to do.

The trip was good; I drove the back roads mostly. The mountains in Tennessee were positively breathtaking the dogwoods and red buds were absolutely putting on a show. And me with out my camera! I was so out done with myself…forgetting my camera…I am almost never with out my camera.

And what I didn’t see driving those little two lane roads was refreshing too. Rarely, if ever did I see the golden arches. Folks tilling and planting their gardens and women hanging sheets on to a clothesline to dry were common sights though.
.
Those little mountain towns seemed to be stuck in another time…a time when the tempo was slower. Maybe those mountain roads with all of the curves and switchbacks have taught the mountain people a certain kind of patience that is not so familiar to the world at large.

I did drive a bit on an interstate; I have got to tell you, it is a mystery to me how there could be anyone left in these United States, who does not believe in miracles….if they drive on those things! The high speed tailgating, the weaving in and out of traffic…not unlike what you see watching a NASCAR race at Daytona. I know there are many collisions on the interstate systems in the USA…the miracle is that there is not thousands more. Folks talking on their cell phones, little old people who can barely see over the steering wheel and the trucks! Those big trucks pulling trailers filled with who knows what, driving at speeds that are significantly over the posted limits.

NASCAR races have become a great passion for American spectators….now everybody wants to be a NASCAR driver.

Well, here I go to get busy.
Call if you need me

PS Thanks for the caring calls, emails, notes and cards concerning my Tag.
(The picture at the top is not of a country road I drove on my trip...it is a Friend's drive way....I forgot to take my camera on the trip.)

No comments:

Post a Comment