Monday, February 6, 2012

"Christiansen's Comments" from Hinds County Gazette "Scout and Gabby" came to Grandma's

Oh! My Word! It was a rough weekend here at 201….

I baby sat daughter Angela’s dogs. We each have two dogs, so that is four dogs in the house and yard, which would not have been terrible, but she has a 6 month old puppy and I have a 6 month old puppy…The puppies never stopped…they never stopped barking, they never stopped chewing, they never stopped running, they never stopped digging. I am exhausted my older dog Shelby is exhausted.


Angela's Scout and Gabby
 
My Emma

approximately 6 monthes


My beautiful quiet Shelby





The back yard looks like a war zone…. holes every where…they dumped the garbage can over… ripped in to the garbage and strew trash all around. Angela’s puppy Scout turns over flower pots, then totes the pots around scattering them to all corners….she brought one clay pot up the ramp, when I yelled she dropped it and it shattered in to a hundred pieces….what a mess.



Scout pulled the rugs off my back porch…into the yard, so she and my puppy Emma could play tug a war. I don’t know if the rugs are salvageable…probably not.



Angela’s dogs are gone now, so when the sun comes up good and it gets a bit warmer I shall go clean up the back yard…



But what Angela’s puppy Scout did here isn’t the worst performance of her short life…at her house Scout has a doggie door, one day while Angela was at work; she pulled the water hose in the house through the doggie door!!! All 50 feet! Maybe it was just 25 feet….. Still and all quite an accomplishment.



When Angela’s other dog, Gabby, was a puppy I went out and planted bushes along the back fence…Well, Gabby one by one, over time, managed to pull them all up… every one!…about the time you thought she was finished destroying bushes, she would dig up another …a few she pulled through the doggie door…one not only did she manage to pull through the doggie door, she maneuvered it through the house and up on the bed while Angela slept.



We have had lots of rain so the yard was still quite muddy….so all in the kitchen and up and down the hall muddy paw prints abound. I have called for help…Ms Addie will tend to the mud and paw prints…while I will work on the yard.



But first I got to go out to Cannada Farms, Scott just called, he has deer meat for me…I am going to try to make deer tamales…I will let you know how they turn out.



Love to all

Call if you need me










No comments:

Post a Comment