Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gloria Christiansen Edwards Mississippi

Here in mid Mississippi we enjoyed beautiful Easter Sunday …the temperatures were just right, warm in the sun and cool in the shade. The grass is so appealing right now so a fresh, lush green….perfect for hiding eggs and perhaps grazing goats.

The community Easter service was held at the Methodist church this year. Dean Rydbeck, the pastor at the Edwards Presbyterian Church brought the message, it was an encouraging service. We were treated to special music by Marilyn Bland, she sang “We you there” , it brought goose bumps to my arms.

After the service, the Methodist ladies served the most delicious brunch in the Family Center….I so enjoy our community services….it is a wonderful time of fellowship, being together with our friends and neighbors…most occasions when we are together, as a community, it is for a funeral.
By the way the Presbyterians are having special spring services, beginning next Sunday morning and evening, and there will be evening services Monday and Tuesday too. Rip Noble will be the speaker….Many of you will remember Rip, he grew up in Edwards, much of the time at his grandpa’s Hardware Store on Main Street…Of course, most of you know who his parents are…. Lindsay and Blue Noble. Rip is preaching in east Tennessee now. I am not sure of the times for the services…but there is a sign on the corner, right there at the big E D W A R D S in the bank…that has more details. And you can call me, I have a flyer, but it is in the truck…but I will go get it..…If you need me to.

I have cut down my variegated privet hedge, I had here on the west side of the house…..I don’t know why I planted them in the first place. The white flies love them! Any way I have been hard at work on that bed…It is looking so nice…I laid down pine straw, potted up some Double Knock out roses, places the pots on the straw, then rolled the crepe myrtles I have in pots over and placed them on the straw…I have nothing in the ground …its all in pots. My feed dolly has come in handy….moving the big pots here, yonder and there!!!

Well I have got to go…work on that bed some more….I want it to look nice for next Tuesday when Dave Montgomery and I show our art for The Edwards fellowship club. My art is not fabulous, but I am working at my yard…. hoping it will be.

And I want to make some more leaves this morning, Bob Kemp has some big collard leaves…soon as it get warm they will be gone…they have already gone to bolting and have the prettiest yellow flowers.
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment