Sunday, February 28, 2010

Christiansen's Comments Hinds county Gazette

HCG February 25 2010




That beautiful snow we had, well, it was the cause of me not being here last week. It was beautiful and it was fun, but it was that heavy, moisture laden, kind of snow. There was no wind with it, so it came straight down and what ever it landed on it stuck to. It was the wire snapping kind .…



Here at 201 the wire from the pole to the meter, became quite fat, weighed down with the snow and ice. And I remembered from Katrina that when the wire came away from the meter…It was the home owners responsibility to get it fixed And as the day and the snow wore on, the wire became fatter and fatter…Until, I was afraid it was going to pull away from the meter….I went to imagining., how much getting that wire connected back might cost.



Grandson Garrett, happened to be here for the weekend….. I know we are not suppose to touch the electric wires…. never ever. So he and I went out and threw objects at the wire… potatoes, blocks of wood, the broom to relieve the pressure….It worked!



Don’t know if throwing stuff at a live wire is against the rules or not…But, strictly speaking it wasn’t alive wire anymore….the electricity went out here, very early into the snow event…..Stayed out for over 24 hours….Caused no hardship here…Garrett didn’t seem to mind being severed from TV and the internet….



Also visiting at the time were my grand dogs, Gabby and Tessa…Gab and Tess are no particular breed, they are dogs, that had been abandoned, just needing home. But Daughter Angela is extremely proud of her dogs, she believes her dogs are high-class …..as high class as any of those doodles, poodles or sheppards…Angela doesn’t mind that they are not a pure breed. When questioned about their background, and lack of pedigree, she lifts her chin, squares her shoulders, puffs out her chest, and declares, “They are designers dogs…. They were designed by God“



Gabby and Tess are the real reason I wasn’t here… They really enjoyed the snow!!!! And the wet snow on top of the already water logged back yard…quickly turned to mud…soupy mud…and they romped and rolled in it…for the three day they were here….of course when they came in the house…they left muddy paw prints everywhere , and believe me they went every where…well, no, they didn’t….I had the living room and dinning rooms blocked off….mother always said, “You need to keep one room neat, in case the preacher comes to visit.“

Oh! they would shake too! causing mud to splatter ….the back door, it was….lets just say this…. my house looked like a crime scene when they left out of here …...But instead of blood ….I had mud….So I had to clean….the floors had to be swept, vacuumed, then mopped…TWICE!



Then ! I discover my computer didn’t work! I called Garrett and fussed at him…I just knew he had messed it up…I had let him touch it…when I bought this computer, I vowed and declared I was not going to let the grandchildren use it.



Well, way on after while, I noticed there were a breaks in the power cord…I called Angela told her the power cord to my computer had breaks….”Looks like it’s been chewed to me.” …..of course she never admitted guilt on the part of her precious dogs, but with out me even asking…she quickly come up with a power cord for my computer. Come to find out, this was not their first taste of computer cord….a while back…they had chewed up Garrett’s.

Angela makes no claims that her dogs are smart….Just the cutest, etc.... etc.... etc...  most lovable...etc...etc....etc..

See you next week, call if you need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment