Sunday, April 3, 2011

Christiansen's Comments from 03/31/2011 Hinds County Gazette

We have had lovely weather of late….

I have gotten much accomplished in the yard….lawn mowed, and trimmed, a tree moved and replanted, sprayed 3 gallons of Round Up and dug up day lilies…plan to replant the lilies when I finish here. And I have moved the fire pit from the back yard to the front yard.




You might be a red neck if…you have a fire pit made out of used concrete blocks in your front yard.

                                                                      Fire pit in the distance....
                                The white things are concrete stools I made...Just gets tackier and tackier...

All of my lawn care equipment has now been cranked and ready for Spring and Summer 2011…the string trimmer needed no encouragement, it cranked on the first pull, the push mower started after replacing his spark plug, on the second pull, ….the riding mower after getting a new spark plug was still a bit hesitant, Then Doug Tuner squirted ether in to his carburetor, that dose of ether had Riding Mower, singing a different tune. After receiving the ether treatment Riding Mower was more then happy to get up and get to work.



Doug retired last fall, he has been here the last couple of weeks replacing rotted wood on my house…we are looking good here at 201! I am so tickled…I was getting depressed looking at the rot…no one else seemed to notice it. But folks are noticing my house is looking nice now…some thought it had been painted or had gotten a new roof ….
                                                                           Doug on the scaffolding
                                                                     Kay and Jo Gayle on the ground...


Saturday I went to town to get the ferns for the front porch and while at the nursery I picked up a few azalea bushes …I am planting the azaleas as a screen between the fire pit and the house.



You might still be a red neck…. Even if you plant azaleas to hide the fact you have a cement block fire pit in your front yard.



It is 7:20 AM Monday morning March 28. Bertha Rather just called, she and Charles heard on the scanner, (Charles is a volunteer fireman) that there was an ambulance called to Worrell Road….that is where our Ms. Worrell lives.  Ms. Worrell is 98...will be 99 in July.  Let me go see what I can find out….I will let you know what I know.



9:30 still no word…and no answer at Burleigh.
Ms. Worrell's home
"Burleigh"

11:30 I can’t get REBUL to answer the phone. Brooke, Ms. Worrell's son, teaches at REBUL

11:58ish REBUL answered, Brooke is not in today, he is with his mother at the hospital. The nice man that answered the phone at REBUL seemed to think things, at the moment things were going well with Ms. Worrell….



That’s all I know now.

Love to all











No comments:

Post a Comment