Sunday, April 10, 2011

Christiansen's Comments, Hinds county Gazette April 7 2011

I stay in trouble.


Whit…remember Whit? The little 8 month old boy that I take care of sometimes. Now I am being scolded because of the way I am feeding him. No! No! not by his mother Angie. Whit’s mommy is very laid back and easy going. Whit doesn’t come with a lot of instructions…no rules about nap times etc. And Jacqueline did warn Angie that free baby sitting does not come with out a price. Spoilage Mostly. So Angie leaves Whit and I alone to do pretty much as we please.



It was daughter Angela, who was questioning what I was letting Whit eat “Mother you are not feeding Whit food that his mommy doesn’t know about are you?” That was her reaction to Whit’s first out of the norm culinary venture at my house…..I believe it was when I told her I let him taste the icing when he and I were making valentine cookies for his grandmother Kay Kay. When Angela begins a sentence with “Mother” I know I am in trouble. I don’t even try to defend myself…. I just listen. ….

Whit making cookies for Kay Kay


I do tell Angie what I feed Whit…but often it is after the fact….because we don’t always know what we might be having for our lunch that day. I do not give Whit the foods that can cause dangerous allergic reactions…chocolate, peanut butter, eggs, strawberries all such as that.



Whit weaned himself from the bottle two or three weeks ago. Well, the other day, Whit was kind of fussy…he was sleepy….but would not close his eyes….I filled a bottle with sweet tea…he took the bottle as I rocked him to sleep. Well, apparently you are not suppose to let babies have sweet tea….Did you know that? I was quite surprised….and even more surprised to find out everybody seem to know it but me.



Told you all that to say this…I am trying very hard to do better….Have you been to the baby food isle? My word there is a lot of baby food out there…Whit is coming tomorrow…we are having a baked sweet potato, from a real potato, and plums from the baby food isle, and yogurt for lunch….for our afternoon treat we will be having watermelon….one of those little seedless ones.



Whit and I have been getting out and about more now that Spring is here….first outing was to H&M to see Ms. Becky. While we were out we took a stroll over the Railroad bridge, and back down Main Street.



Last week we went to Bolton to the Hardware Store, to get keys made and see Jack, the Hardware Cat. Whit got to watch Joe make a key. ….Whit was fascinated with the key making process… Then we crossed the street to the library and visited with the librarian Alfenette Robinson. Alfenette wanted me to tell everybody in Edwards “Hello” She use to be the librarian over here.


Whit and Joe at the Hardware store In Bolton Mississippi


By the way, The snake man will be at the library this summer…Whit and I are going!

Love to all

















No comments:

Post a Comment