Sunday, August 5, 2007

It wanted to crash....

Hinds County Gazette
August 01 2007
Christiansen's Comment's
You all, I am exhausted….I spent the entire weekend trying to keep my computer from crashing… It is very difficult for my weak brain to rise to such high levels of thinking. …especially when lights are flashing and stuff is popping up on the monitor’s screen, but not staying long enough for me to read.
It took all of the nerve I could muster but, I journeyed deep in to this machine… and I am here to report, it is not pretty in there… I hope not to have to go back.
What makes the computer tricky, unlike other machines I have dealt with, have a language all their own, and if you do not understand it….you do not know what further harm you might be bring about by clicking and deleting.
But, after I down loaded all of the files, I wanted to keep, from the computer to my external hard drive…I got aggressive, I took the attitude I had nothing to lose….and many hours later the computer began to calm down . I believe, for now, I have conquered the computer demons. So this morning I can return to my regular thinking…
Last week, I had a think this about good people and naughty people and right down bad people..
I do not know what is the matter with us….why are we so interested in the folks who are doing bad things? Why are we giving them so much attention?
The young women celebrities, driving drunk, violating probation, are showered with press attention, main stream press, the nightly news for heaven sake…most of it so frivolous. When that Paris Hilton girl was released from jail, they reported on her outfit, what she ate when she got home and who her first visitors were. This week another young celebrity, I do not remember her name, was caught doing something she should not have been doing Again, she too was showered with great gobs of attention….I believe she went Back to a rehab center frequented by the habitual badly behaved celebrity crowd.
Good people have to super duper good to get much acknowledgment, say on the level with Billy Graham, Mother Teresa, or Gandhi.
So there we are…what does our obsession with celebrities say about us?…I am still thinking.
Call if you need me

No comments:

Post a Comment