Saturday, July 14, 2007

Figs are ripe in Mississippi!

So, I made fig preserves today...very good. Fig preserve cake is the best...I had never heard of fig cake until moving to Mississippi...In fact figs were new to me...I never saw them in a grocery store ...ever except in a Newton...I don't know where I thought they came from, someplace exotic...you know..like those places where people used them to cover..certain body parts. That wasn't anyplace I had ever been.


Notice something new on this page...at the top...click on it...Go on click on it....

Topher Payne is Cleve and Sheryl Payne's son "The playwright".... The very talented, Naomi Purvis Barnett, is in the play, of course you from Edwards remember her late mother, Virginia.

Pat Fordice, Mississippi's former First lady, died Thursday....I was at a gathering of ladies last evening...we lifted our glasses in remembrance of Mrs. Fordice.....Now there was a First Class, First Lady....

No comments:

Post a Comment