Saturday, July 28, 2007

Recipe.....?




I will get back to this first picture....











Well, it is not exactly a recipe it is more of an assemblage...On the food channel and in ladies magazines they all the time are assembling all ready cooked food and calling it a recipe. They will take something like as a rotisserie chicken, a bucket of mash potatoes, some roasted garlic stack it in a bizarre way and call it a recipe...they may have roasted the garlic themselves.

Back to the recipe, Mississippi has the figs this year, and the are especially delectable...fig trees must not mind drought....so I have been trying to use them...So this is how I began the assembly..just slicing the bread.





Then I grilled them on my cast iron grill pan...


Then I spread the grilled bread with cream cheese topped it with a spoon full of my fresh fig preserves.

Now about the top picture...I had a gathering here the other evening, sort of before the theater party for the author of"The Attala County Garden Club", his out of town guests, and some of his family and friends...I used fig branches as my center piece...with figs still attached....And nobody thought it was strange...They liked it... Now if you see a center piece made out of fig branches in Southern living...remember you saw it first.

I must confess, when I served the fig and cheese toasts they did not look like the picture I placed on this blog...my pictures of the affair did not turn out well.


That's it from here....Rural Hinds County Mississippi

No comments:

Post a Comment